Friday, February 17, 2012

Review: The Darkest Angel by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Angel is Gena's story in this (Heart of Darkness) anthology.
An iron-willed demon assassin, the angel Lysander has never known lust—until he meets Bianka. Spawned from the bloodline of Lucifer, the beautiful but deadly Harpy is determined to lead the pure-hearted Lysander into temptation…


My Review  
(Only for The Darkest Angel story)

I have to say for a short story this was a very good one. I think Showalter is finally getting the hang of it, you know the whole writing short stories thing.

I wasn’t really expecting anything good about this story, since all the others short stories of Showalter were horrible. But this one really captivated me.

So in this story we have a wonderful warrior angel, who doesn’t explain himself why does he feel such a big temptation with this evil creature, a descendant from Lucifer himself.  

And we have Bianka, a fierce Harpy, who is tired of being alone. Of not having a person she can trust like her sister Gwen with her consort Sabin.

I have to be honest, the way Showalter got this story put together, it was funny, entertaining, and really breath taking. The way both of them try to fight their feelings and their urges, was awesome. And the way even thought her hearth was breaking she remain firm to her decision was even inspiring to me. Well I cant say anything more of the stuff that I like without giving spoilers, and that I will not do!!! 

So read it!!! Gonna read the next one now, hope it keeps getting better!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment