Thursday, February 2, 2012

Review : The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter

Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.

Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are haunted by Reyes, the warrior whose searing touch she can't forget. Yet a future together could mean death to all they both hold dear...

  
My Review  
I have to say this book didnt let me drop it, I even forgot to eat lunch today because I was reading. Have to say this series gets getting better and better.

The 3rd book of the Lord Of The Underworld series is breath taking. Seriously! Reyes having to struggle between what was wrong and what was right. Loving Danika and remaining loyal to his eternal friend Aeron. Danika letting go of the grudge she acquire while the lords held her and her family captive, and fighting with herself because she couldnt forget Reyes, nor stop desiring him. You know, a most-keep-reading-until-I-finish book.

Reyes, another of the Hosts of the Lords, unwilling bound to the demon of Pain, he need to inflict pain to himself, after years, maybe centuries of causing pain to others he found a way to control his demon by sating the demon with his own pain, which limited him to feel all the good stuff the world had to offer. So he didn't know what to do when in The Darkest Night he met Danika, and felt he couldn't live without her. 

Danika was kidnap by Lucien(Death) and Aeron(wrath) in the last mention book. The king god Cronus had order Aeron to kill her and her family. Why? they didn't knew. But Aeron being the host of wrath couldn't take the life of an innocent, until his demon wrap him in a bloodlust and Aeron was lost to it.

So we have Danika fighting for her life, never wanting to feel vulnerable and let the lords and everyone else capture her again. And we have Reyes mourning in every corner how much he missed looking at Danika. But that time of they being apart was over, they were force to meet again, and both of them were surprise of how things turn out.

This book is full of passion, sadness and overcoming fear to the unknown. Showalter gives you  more than you can chew. I mean she have a great way of letting you in on everything that's going on with every single Lord, not just the main couple(I know I keep saying it, but the true is I didn't expected Showalter to keep doing it). 

Well I really don't want to give any spoilers, so in overall, this book is amazing. Again I which I could be part of this world(maybe one of the lords mate, LoL), is entertaining and just awesome. Nearly made my favorite shelf. Lets see how the next one turns out. This series is becoming one of my most-read and most-recommend series.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment