Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review: A Demon Does It Better by Linda Wisdom

Lovely witch Lili Carter takes a job at a paranormal hospital where patients have been disappearing. There she encounters Jared, a dangerously sexy demon on a mission that gets Lili into a world of trouble. Lili can't avoid Jared for long and soon they find themselves creating a whole new kind of magick...

 My Review  

A Demon Does It Better, is the second book in the series of Linda Wisdom, Demons, which is kind of a continuing series to the Hex Series/Jazz Tremaine Series. So I have to say, I wasn't expecting anything from this book, seriously I didn't even read what was about, but like always if I start a series I have to finish it, so reading the books as soon as I can when they come out is a must-do.

I dont know if any of you have read, the Hex Series or the first book on the Demon Series, if you havent... What the hell are you waiting for??? Believe me when I tell you that Wisdom have a very wonderfull way to write, and her characters are just amazing. That said I will do I briefly review on this book.

So we have Lili, a healer witch, who have decided to go back to the former hospital she was working on, Crying Souls, but the true about her returning is whats brings all the fun to this book. She have decided to look for one of her friends that have gone missing after going to work at the Crying Souls hospital, even when her friend from the Hellion Guard(the Bounty Hunter in the supernatural world of Wisdom) wasnt very happy with the idea, of Lili acting like a witchy Nancy Drew.

So in the previous books, where we learn more about this world, Lili has always been the no-show-witch, or at least that's what I remember. Always with her hands full of work, she doesn't have time to breath, a pure workaholic. So for me it was interesting when I started to read this book, and found out she was the main character. And to be honest, Wisdom once again captivated me with her characters, she have a way to make a perfect supernatural woman, struggles with things that even when they are magickal, they are very similar to normal people issues, and that for me is wonderful. You get a sensation you are living in this book, that even when is full of magick and supernatural beings, is very possible to have them as your neighbors.

In her adventure in the Crying Soul Hospital, Lili found new friends, True love and almost death. But she never surrenders, even when she thinks she can keep going. 

One of my favorite characters in this book was Cleo, Lili's familiar, well I will have to say her cat-roomate, Cleo doesn't like the idea of people saying she is a familiar. Who is no one else but Cleopatra, stuck in a cat. And I have to tell she is just amazing, pure drama queen but with a big heart, even bigger if you bring her caviar, LoL. That was funny really, Wisdom always give the witches funny companions, and I love it.

This book, had my mind going nuts in the possibilities of what was really going, even thought I had a pretty damn sure idea of what it was, I always felt something was gonna come out my back and bite my ass. I started wondering, who was telling the true and who wasnt, Wisdom just have a way with words, that make you doubt of what is in plain sight.

Overall this book was very good, funny, full of passion and adventure, and it was a really nice womanly book. Don't know if that explains what I'm trying to say, but I don't know how else I can put it. Just read it, it will help get your mind out of the daily things(in other words... REALITY). Very good to relax and have a good time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment