Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter

He is the guardian of hell, more monster than man.

She is the goddess of oppression, more angel than woman.

Together they will enter the flames to battle a horde of demon lords -- and discover a passion unlike any other...

Discover the origin of the dimOuniak and the demon spirits trapped within.
 
My Review

Soooooo... I will tell you to not lose preciouse minutes of your life reading this book. But being the prequel of Lords Of The Underworld series, I think is important that you read it. Well that is if you are interest in reading the series.

I hope that the series isn't like this books, because if it is... IM DOOOMED!!!

Im the type of person that if I begin reading a series I have to finish it no matter how much it SUCKS!!! So Im hoping for the best, because really this book was so short and it took me 2 days to read it (yeah , I know even I feel sorry for my self... really 2 days??? wtf???) because it wasnt interesting at all. It didnt even had a plot worth my time. I sincerly hope that it was made in e-book only edition, because it will hurt my heart knowing some poor trees were use for this garbage.

If you are the type of person that doesn't care about prequel and short stories of a series, well I assure you this one isn't gonna make you change your mind.

We have Kadence, who is a goddess which duty is to maintain the wall between the hell and human realm in one piece. She have a strange bond with the wall, so when demon start breaking it she took help from the wall guardian to heel the breakage and then enter the hell to kill those demon. But it was just a plain excuse to get near to the guardian, she had the hots for him!

Geryon is the guardian of the gate of hell. The person who sold his soul to the demon prince (Which in this book is Lucifer, who is also the brother of Hades. Got to say that intrigued me a bit, Greek Mythology mix with modern Christianity? Well got to wait how that turns out). He was an ugly beast, seriously I couldn't even imagine him, and I have a very great imagination but I just couldn't mix the things and still make him look sexy. He was attractive towards the goddess since the first time he saw her and was willing to do anything for her.

And guess what??? ....THEY WERE IN LOVE!!! It was like a Beauty & The Beast demon/angel version! So good luck when you read it! Hope next one in the series is better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment